The Sarcoma Stomp
Virtual Sarcoma Stomp 2020
We all agree that the 2020 Sarcoma Stomp was a very successful event that allowed us to STOMP together without ever sharing the same pavement! Not to mention doing so in the middle of a global pandemic. But then, reinventing life when there are unknowns is what these families do to remain emotionally connected with each other! We are inspired by the way our teams, patients, beneficiaries, and sponsors continually create light and life in the middle a battle against an immensely cruel foe: sarcomas. It is their inspiration and innovation that drives us towards expanding HOPE.
We all know life will be different from today onward. In some ways changes will be subtle, other elements we thought vital may vanish forever. Know that the Paula Takacs Foundation is working on launching new initiatives to carry us through any possible changes in 2020, and into 2021. Again, thank you for your support, your passion, and most of all, your precious time.
We will look forward to gathering at the next Sarcoma Stomp on April 24, 2021 (pending City permit approval).
Join us on April 24, 2021 for the 10th annual Sarcoma Stomp 5K Run and 3K Walk! Help fund the sarcoma research program at Levine Cancer Institute and Levine Children’s in Charlotte, NC and expand hope for sarcoma cures.
The Sarcoma Stomp is one of the largest and most successful sarcoma events in the United States! Those impacted by sarcoma come from all over the region and country to take part in the Sarcoma Stomp. All sarcoma survivors may use the coupon code ‘SURVIVOR’ at checkout for complimentary registration for the Sarcoma Stomp as our distinguished guests.
This family-friendly road race and walk event is one of the best in town, known for its great vibe and uplifting spirit! Adults and kids love our scenic, safe neighborhood course and our extensive event site festivities. In addition to great food and drink, participants enjoy great music, face painting, crafts, roaming characters, corn hole and other fun activities at our festive event site! In 2019, the event attracted a record 1,500 participants (including 67 teams)!
The Sarcoma Stomp is held at Christ Lutheran Church, 4519 Providence Road, Charlotte, NC.
WHAT IMPACT AM I MAKING?
Donations to the foundation make a very significant impact! Our donors are directly funding the following at Levine Cancer Institute and Levine Children’s:
- Cutting-edge study comparing blood and tissue biopsies of clinical trial patients
- Genomic profiling studies in synovial sarcoma and osteosarcoma
- First of its kind immunotherapy clinical trial enrolled with children and adults
- Non-chemotherapy, dual biologics clinical trial slated to open for children and adults
For a detailed description of these studies, please click here. Since inception our organization has donated $1,400,000 to sarcoma research, including over $1,100,000 to Levine Cancer Institute!
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
- Challenge yourself and run the scenic 5K neighborhood course
- Stroll with your loved ones through the 3K neighborhood walking course
- Be part of our Cheering Crew at the finish line
- Want to participate on the course but are handicapped, undergoing treatment, etc.? No problem! Our friends at Speed for Need will happily push you in a specialized racing chair! You can participate with your family and friends in either the 5K Run or 3K Walk! (Chairs are assigned on a first come-first served basis, so write us to inquire about chair availability ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
WHAT IF I AM NOT LOCAL (OR JUST CAN’T MAKE IT)?
Register as a Virtual Stomper! As a Virtual Stomper you can start or join any team! MAKE A $50 DONATION WITH YOUR VIRTUAL REGISTRATION AND WE WILL DEDUCT THE $30 REGISTRATION FEE!
As a Virtual Stomper you’ll get our beautiful Sarcoma Stomp shirt, signage, Sarcoma Stomp tattoo and a thank you note, sent right to your doorstep. We had over 100 Virtual Stompers last year from all over the U.S., many of which were friends or family members of local participants/teams. No need to let distance get in the way of fun-raising! (Note: Virtual Stomper registration closes at midnight on the Wednesday before race day!)
WHAT ABOUT TEAMS?
New Team Perks!
- Teams with 50+ members by Friday, April 16 will get their very own tent space at the Sarcoma Stomp! Decorate your tent to display your team spirit, hand out your team’s pre-stuffed race bags, have some munchies, make your own party, hang out and relax! We kindly ask these teams of 50+ members to fundraise a minimum of $5,000 (however, fundraising is optional).
- Teams with 10+ members by Wednesday, April 21 may pre-arrange to pick up all of their team’s shirts, bibs and race bags on Friday, April 23 at a designated time between 10am and 6pm. Coordinate a time slot by writing to email@example.com by April 20.
- Teams that have participated in the Sarcoma Stomp for 4 years or more will receive special recognition and a special gift during our post-race ceremony!
HOW CAN I START FUNDRAISING?
Create your own fundraising page using an easy template! Setting up a fundraiser takes only a minute! You do not have to register as a participant to start a fundraiser.
WHY FUNDRAISE ON FACEBOOK?
There are no processing fees so 100% of all donations goes to the Paula Takacs Foundation! Very simple to set up and Facebook automatically sends notifications and reminders your friends!
WHAT WAYS CAN I DONATE?
- Click here to donate to a particular Sarcoma Stomp fundraiser or to the event itself.
- Donate to the Paula Takacs Foundation on Facebook by clicking the blue “Donate” button on our page!
- Donate with any credit card via PayPal or mail a check (PO Box 78416, Charlotte, NC 28271). Be sure to indicate if your donation is directed to a Sarcoma Stomp individual or team fundraiser in the PayPal instructions (or check memo line). We will add your donation to their fundraising total!
HOW CAN I BECOME A SPONSOR?
To get information on how your business can promote its brand while making a critical investment in Levine Cancer Institute and Levine Children’s Hospital research, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request our 2021 sponsorship packet.
HOW CAN I STAY IN THE LOOP?
The Paula Takacs Foundation for Sarcoma Research is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation founded in Charlotte, NC.
Our Tax ID is 27-3366677.