In December 2019, Cool Kids Clubhouse opened in Huntersville, NC, named in honor of Dan Jansen, Olympic gold medalist speed skater. At the Clubhouse, we host a variety of FREE programs that directly benefit the child with cancer, their siblings, and the parents. Our goal is to reduce the social isolation experienced by children with cancer and their siblings as well as ensure that much needed social, academic, and emotional support is available to all families dealing with childhood cancer.
• SMILE CELEBRATIONS parties designed to celebrate a child’s milestones such as, birthday, graduation, or end-of-treatment!
• MONTHLY MOVIE NIGHTS at the Cool Kids Clubhouse, a time of respite for caregivers, while kids spend quality time with friends in a safe environment.
• DROP OFF DAYS scheduled during school holidays and the summer break. A fun filled day at the Clubhouse!
• THEMED HOLIDAY PARTIES because smiles cannot wait, our Clubhouse hosts themed holiday parties each quarter (Hopping Down the Bunny Trail, 4th of July Family Picnic, Fall-Fest and Winter-fest) for children and families to enjoy a time of fellowship and relaxation along with other family and friends who understand their journey.
• CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUPS – a rare opportunity of fellowship and relaxation with like-minded caregivers.
• TUTORING – online professional tutoring and mentoring designed specifically for children battling cancer.
• MYRTLE BEACH VACATION CONDO – A free vacation away from the stresses of cancer.
Cool Kids Campaign, the national organization running the Cool Kids Clubhouses, was founded in 2006 to provide free academic, social, and emotional support to pediatric oncology patients, survivors, and their families. National programs include: